Meeting Safely At Mohegan Sun
We're ready to help you stay safe and on schedule
With the health and safety being the top priority for all our team members and guests, we will continue to work with the Mohegan Tribal Health Department, Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and Connecticut State Department of Public Health to monitor updates of health and safety guidelines, evaluate, and make necessary changes appropriate to our protocols and procedures with their guidance.
GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation
BAC STAR™ is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities.
GBAC STAR is the gold standard of prepared facilities. This accreditation means that a facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
What makes Mohegan Sun uniquely positioned to handle your event?
- As a Tribal Nation we have our own Health, Fire, Police & EMS departments located adjacent to the resort and on-site daily.
- Location is easily accessible for attendees to drive in from the Northeast with complimentary parking.
- 275,000 square feet of indoor meeting space provides a footprint that allows multiple room set ups to facilitate any size event.
- Resort layout allows all guests to travel from their guestrooms or hotel lobbies into our two Convention Centers without having to enter the casino.
- Ample bandwidth for any web broadcast or digital/virtual component from both convention centers.
- Ability to satisfy a variety of culinary tastes in our numerous on-site dining options.
- Guestrooms, function space and restaurants all under one roof provides a consistent safety and sanitation protocol.
Hybrid Events at Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun is a long time partner with Encore, one of the industry's leading platforms for virtual and hybrid events. Encore utilizes Chime Live, a unique, all-in-one platform to suit any type of hybrid meeting or presentation. It has a number of live engagement tools to bridge your attendees with one another and with your presenters.
- Encore, our audio visual partner, provides solutions to facilitate a virtual event component as part of your event:
- Video Conferencing: Two-way real time communication.
- Webcasting & Recording: Broadcast to a large, dispersed audience.
- Simultaneous Interpretation: Interpretive services so presenters and attendees understand each other in real time.
- Hybrid Events and more.
Group Testing for COVID-19 at Mohegan Sun
Testing can be arranged for your group, on-site at Mohegan Sun with Hartford Healthcare (HHC).
Hartford Healthcare is offering PCR testing with a guaranteed turnaround of 24 hours (or less).
- Hourly rate for each HHC employee present at HHC’s COVID-19 Self-Swabbing Stations located at Mohegan Sun – $125.00 per hour (Mon – Fri) and $250 per hour per person (Sat and Sun)
- Testing Services – $137.00 per test performed
- Physician Professional Oversight for COVID-19 Testing fee (receive results, disseminate results to designated personnel, initiates contact tracing if needed): Rate TBD
- HHC commits to a 24-hour turnaround time for test results
To arrange testing, contact Rebecca Durham at
General Precautions at Mohegan Sun
Have Good Clean Fun
- UV Light disinfecting technology in resort air handlers.
- All public areas and back of house to be kept sanitized and disinfected with hyper attention including but not limited to frequent contact surfaces such as:
- Public seating areas
- Elevator buttons
- Escalator handrails
- Purell hand sanitation stations will be readily available including entrances.
- All transportation arranged through Mohegan Sun to be disinfected after each transfer.
Traveling to Mohegan Sun
Travel safely and quickly to Mohegan Sun with convenient testing offered at Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT.
Precautions For Your Hotel Stay at Mohegan Sun
- Guests have the ability to check in remotely utilizing our kiosks located in the hotel lobby.
- Express check out is available via in room TV and key drop boxes, with the option of emailed receipts.
- Hand sanitizer stands are placed near elevator landings on each floor.
- Luggage drop location is available for hotel guests prior to self-park.
Restaurants, Bars & Room Service:
- Multiple options for take-out meals are available.
- Outdoor dining areas are available for guests to enjoy takeout.